Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Creamy Chicken Chowder

With two chicken thighs, about two cups of mashed potatoes, the same amount of boiled carrots and peas, and mushroom sauce, and four cups of cooking water from the potatoes, carrots and peas - I created a Creamy Chicken Chowder to die for!

And not only that, but it had dumplings in it too!

I chopped the chicken thighs into small bite-sized pieces, and cut the slices of carrots into quarters, just to make them easier to scoop up into our spoons.

In a large pot I placed the potatoes and the cooking water, and turned it on medium heat. While it heated, I re-mashed the potatoes - again, just to make it easier to scoop up with our spoons.


The rest of the ingredients, along with a tablespoon of dried parsley, then went in the pot as well to heat through and simmer until dumpling*-dropping time.

I didn't feel the need to add any other flavourings than the ones that were already in the mushroom sauce, which were - onion, sage, garlic, salt, and pepper.  I did add an extra pinch of salt while it was simmering

Until next time ... eat your leftovers!

*I'll post the recipe for dumplings in a separate post.  Watch for it!

For more tips and tricks, please visit: http://www.moms-stay-at-home.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment