Monday, March 28, 2011

Mozza Chicken Casserole

What was leftover?  2 cups of pasta sauce, 3 cups of tri-coloured rotini, 1 cup boiled peas and carrots, and 1 ½ cups bite sized/diced chicken breast.

I sliced and sautéed another small amount of onions and mushrooms. In a buttered casserole dish I mixed together the pasta, the sauce, the onions and mushrooms, and the peas and carrots. I diced the remaining* chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and mixed that in too. Then I topped the dish with mozzarella cheese and baked it in the oven at 350⁰F for 35 minutes, until it was heated through and the cheese was bubbly and golden.

Everyone loved it!

Until next time ... eat your leftovers!

*There was still some more chicken left over after removing the breast, so I froze it for another day to make chicken soup or the like.

For more tips and tricks, please visit: http://www.moms-stay-at-home.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment